Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Terrestrial

I didn't realize it until recently, but Electric Earth are the wonderful Belgian label behind three of my favorite stoner doom bands right now, Black Pyramid, Elder & Eternal Elysium. Not familiar with the other artists on their label, I've resolved to correct this situation. If you like seriously down-tuned heaviness in the vein of Sleep and the 'Wizard (and if you don't, then you should just get the hell out of here) then there's no reason you won't like all of the bands on their roster. My newest find, Ocean Chief, is seriously downtuned and repetitive doom. A little too repetitive for my liking (and that's saying something) but interesting nonetheless and very, very heavy. All of their releases are pressed on extremely high quality vinyl and packaged beautifully, and having recently received my copy of Elder's eponymous debut I can tell you that it is worth the time and money getting records from these guys. Most, if not all of what they have is distributed in North America by All That Is Heavy, so there shouldn't be any problem with importing their steaming hot platters of heavy rock cuisine.

This Way To Electric Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment