Sunday, July 11, 2010

Annoyance

I saw Tool the other night. Good show, but I couldn't believe how many douchebags there were in the crowd. You know, juice monkeys in muscle shirts who throw up the middle finger when the chorus hits. What the hell is up with that? Additionally annoying to me was the number of times I had to let some drunk morons stumble out of the isle to go get more 8 dollar beers. Have these people never been to a concert before? get drunk BEFORE the main act's set. It's not a hockey game. Why did you spend 70 bucks to see a band only to spend half the set waiting in line for beer? And another thing, your seat numbers are printed on your tickets. There's no reason why 7 people should be arguing about 4 seats in the middle of the row 20 minutes into the set. You can count, right? SORT IT OUT, FUCKERS!

It must be amusing to the band, who by all accounts are an extremely intelligent group of men. I mean, for the band to invest so much into their art, both in the studio and onstage (the advanced musicianship, the complex interlocking layers that form their music, the multimedia presentation that accompanies it, etc.) only to have some drunks lose their shit every time a light gets shined at them might be kind of frustrating. Then again, I guess they are doing alright for themselves.

Anyways, here's the setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
The Patient
Intolerance
Vicarious
Schism
46 & 2

-interlude-

Lateralus
Ænema

2 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement with your analysis of pissheads at gigs. I mean I tried that once, when young and idiotic, and ended up spending most of the show running back and forth to the toilets - not good value for money...bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Slayer, Mastodon, Cynic, Lamb of God and Meshuggah while wasted and remember almost none of it. Not really worth it. I hardly ever drink at shows anymore.

    ReplyDelete