Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Glance

Just checking in. I'm at the busiest time of year for school right now. A couple weeks and I'll be on vacation.

The new Kylesa album, Spiral Shadow is ruling my world right now, these guys have just gotten better with each release. It's their fifth platter, and my favourite. The title track just destroys. "Don't Look Back" is catchy like herpes. Crazy eastern guitar leads on "Crowded Road." Giant fucking riffs and huge hardcore shoutalongs. Anthemic, huge, awesome. Look for it on some year-end lists.

Gonna see some shows this week! Quest For Fire and Thee Oh Sees this week for some heavy psych and crazy rock n' roll, then see Bison and Kylesa melt some faces in a couple weeks. It's looking like a heavy winter.

THE BEARD IS BACK. By which I mean, my good friend Noah from Calgary says he's brought me a copy of former Blue Cheer guitarist Randy Holden's 1970 solo album, Population II. Have a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment