Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Playlist

New Music For Old People (aka the new classic rock)

White Stripes - Hello Operator
Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So
Modey Lemon - Feed The Babies
Black Lips - Hippie Hippie Hooray!
The Mooney Suzuki - In A Young Man's Mind
Black Keys - 10AM Automatic
Brian Jonestown Massacre - Open Heart Sugery
My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday
Magnolia Electric Co. - Dark Don't Hide It
Nebula - Atomic Ritual
Comets On Fire - Pussy Foot The Duke
Black Mountain - Don't Run Our Hearts Around
Dead Meadow - At Her Open Door
Witchcraft - It's So Easy
Wolfmother - Where Eagles Have Been
The Sword - Freya
Witch - The Seer
Litmus - Rays Of Sonic Light
Earthless - Cherry Red
Awesome Color - Transparent
Thee Oh Sees - Ruby
Wino - Release Me
Priestess - Lay Down
Ladyhawk - I Don't Always Know What You're Saying
Red Cedar - Take It Back
Woods - Rain On
Astra - Ouroboros

I made this partially because I hate it when people say, "there's no good music anymore," or "music was way better in...(whatever time music was way better)." More importantly, I made this for my Dad. He's been surprising me lately. He's discovered Youtube since retiring and is getting onto all kinds of old bands he missed out on. He wanted to know about Motorhead the other day! I figured it'd be a while yet before he got to anything made in this decade unless I gave him some help.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting introduction for me, I've heard some already but will take your Dad's idea and use YouTube to track down some of the other tracks too

    ReplyDelete